(FREE & OPEN TO THE COMMUNITY)
JOIN us on April 19th (Bicycle Day:) for a group bike ride, followed by talks, and storytelling near the UN!
To address the state of global drug policy, the United Nations General Assembly is holding a Special Session in New York City.
We’re speaking out. Throughout the month of April, we’re encouraging everyone to use #psychedelicsbecause on social media to help spread the message.
This campaign aims to actively:
- Increase awareness around the benefits of psychedelics
- Share stories humanizing the diversity of psychedelic users
- Reverse decades of negative stigma surrounding psychedelic and psychoactive drugs
- Educate people on the current scientific research
- Promote psychedelic harm reduction by understanding the true risks and how to manage them
- Help end arrests, incarceration, and criminalization associated with global drug prohibition
- Unite psychedelic, drug policy reform, and harm reduction movements
Please join us for the historic occasion and help us spread the message of the campaign.
Tentative schedule & location (subject to change)
1:30pm We will meet at a Manhattan location TBA for a bicycle ride to Dag Hammarskjöld Plaza
4-6pm Drug War Storytelling in front of the United Nations at Dag Hammarskjöld Plaza
In the evening, please also join us for the Brooklyn #PsychedelicsBecause Afterparty & Drug War Storytelling
Stay tuned for featured storytellers and other details soon.
We are a coalition of global research, policy, and social organizations including: